Are you having trouble staying motivated? Has it been hard to get out of bed and get active? Has your couch been speaking to you more than your yoga mat? It can be tough to stay motivated when you are limited to exercising indoors. Never fear, here are 5 ways that you can keep yourself motivated to exercise while at home!
1. Create small realistic goals: it is so important to set small goals for yourself. Setting goals is a great way to keep you accountable. It is important to remember when setting your goals to make them realistic. For instance your goal could be to workout 3 times a week for 30 minutes. That is an easy goal to accomplish! Your goals should also be specific. It is awesome to know that you will work out 3 times a week or 30 minutes, but what do you plan on doing during that time. By making your goals specific, you know what to expect. A specific goal could be something as simple as, I will workout 3 times a week for 30 minutes between the times of 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM. My workouts will broken up into upper body, lower body, and HIIT.
2. Write down what you are looking to achieve: make note of what you want your end result to be. Are you looking to lose weight? Tone? Gain? Increase physical activity? It is important to know why you are doing something. It also gives you something to look forward to! The days that you may not feel like exercising, just remember your WHY!
3. Exercise with a friend/group: if you are having trouble staying on track, it never hurts to workout with a friend. This can be done through Facetime, Zoom, Skype, and so many other platforms. You can join online boot camps where the workouts are already created for you! It is a great way to push yourself and to stay motivated!
4. Treat yourself: it is okay to treat yourself! Did you workout 3 times this week? Did you crush your goals? Awesome! Reward yourself. Whether it be a little treat, a movie, or a glass of wine, reward yourself for crushing your goals. By occasionally rewarding yourself, it pushes you to want do more!
5. Get dressed, we're staying home: are you having trouble getting out of bed and exercising? Put on your workout clothes. I guarantee you, you'll feel pretty shitty if you change out of your workout clothes without working out. By putting your workout clothes on, it prompts you to get moving!